Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just be a Mom.

While I was out at the park enjoying one of the last few days of our gorgeous NY fall I became intrigued by a man playing with his young daughter.  He was so engaged in what she was doing and talking and explaining life to her in such a magnificent way I couldn't help but listen to him.  He soon caught my daughters attention when our children where on the slide together and began to capture her attention as well.

He had no cell phone, no fancy clothes and no agenda.  He was simply enjoying her and their time together.  I was hooked.

About 20 minutes later a woman came skipping over and sat on the grass beside him.  She had no makeup on, tattered mismatched clothes and her hair in a ponytail.  With a great big smile on his face he turned to his daughter and said "Look who it is your beautiful beautiful Mommy."

To which she smiled, laid her head on his shoulder and said back to him,

"I have so much work to do at home but you inspired me to come to the park and enjoy just BEING A MOMMY."

WOW...pretty awesome!!!

We have so many roles as mothers.  How many times do I just stop thinking, planning, cleaning, texting, calling, reading, writing, cooking and the list goes on to just stop and enjoy BEING A MOM!

Not nearly enough.  Not ever some days.

To take a step back and realize that sometimes all I need to do is just be a mom.  To talk, listen, play, laugh and enjoy the gift of my children. No interruptions.

I am inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment